Southern Company Outage Specialist (Plant Hatch) in Baxley, Georgia
Outage Specialist (Plant Hatch)
Outage Specialist – Plant Hatch
Southern Nuclear Company (SNC) is a premier nuclear power company building two new nuclear units in the United States. As a leader in the realm of energy innovation, Southern Nuclear strives to maintain excellence by developing and inventing energy of the future. At Southern Nuclear, Our Values will guide us to make every decision, every day, in the right way: Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment. Hat Southern ow we do our work is just as important as what w
We generate this vital energy at our operating units in:
· The Joseph M. Farley Nuclear Plant near Dothan, Ala.
· The Edwin I. Hatch Nuclear Plant near Baxley, Ga.
· The Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant near Waynesboro, Ga.
When it comes to compensation and benefits, our philosophy is simple: Southern Nuclear Company offers you competitive pay and benefits from the day you start work until the day you retire – and beyond.
Responsible for scheduling all assigned refueling outage activities, including Pre-outage and Outage. This position serves as the primary liaison to the department outage scheduling organizations with respect to schedule input, work status, and schedule updates. Develops refueling outage window logic structure and coordinates schedule activities associated with these windows. Develops all associated admin presentations and completes administrative procedure requirements. This position attends all Outage schedule meetings.
· Experience directing and/or conducting operations activities or planning/scheduling maintenance resources in at least 3 refueling outages - preferred
· Personal computer (PC) knowledge
· Intradepartmental communications skills (verbal and written)
· Minimum of 5 years overall nuclear power experience. 5 years in a work scheduling role - preferred.
· Possess at least 5 years exempt plant maintenance, scheduling, planning, Engineering or work management experience, or at least 5 years of licensed plant operating experience.
· Direct knowledge and experience with ESOMs/Maximo/P6 software
· Maintenance or Operations experience as a First Line Supervisor or coordinator (SPOC), or at least 5 years of licensed plant operating experience.
· Shutdown Safety Program knowledge
· Technical BS degree
· Working knowledge of mainframe and PC based scheduling tools
· Current or previous SRO license or certification
· Previous experience as a Scheduler at a General Electric Boiling Water
Reactor (GE BWR)
· Responsible for the development of detailed plans / schedules for daily, forced, planned, and refueling outages while ensuring shutdown safety, ALARA practice, Technical Specifications and plant procedures adherence
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of detailed pre-outage schedules as assigned by the Outage Manager.
· Responsible to attend the various Outage Management process meetings and to develop and maintain reports and associated documents.
· Solicits best practices internally and externally to improve organizational effectiveness. SNC Fleet outage Lessons learned, Industry meetings and industry working groups such as BWROG, PWROG, EPRI, and INPO.
· Supports the Outage Manager with business plan initiatives.
· The successful candidate must meet background screening and NRC Fitness for Duty requirements.
· Puts safety first in all activities
· Must exhibit Our Values - Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, Total Commitment
PLEASE NOTE: Limited relocation assistance may be considered.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Power Plant Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Req ID: SNC2005735