Southern Company Nuclear Plant Instructor - I&C (Plant Hatch) in Baxley, Georgia
Nuclear Plant Instructor - I&C (Plant Hatch)
Nuclear Plant Instructor, Sr. (Instrument and Control) - Plant Hatch
SNC Plant Hatch has opportunities for a Nuclear Plant Instructor in the Maintenance and Technical Training organization. This opportunity lies within the Instrument and Control Maintenance training program.
The Nuclear Plant Instructor in the Maintenance and Technical Training organization is responsible for presenting and administering the I&C training program. The Nuclear Plant Instructor will design, conduct and evaluate classroom and laboratory instruction; develop training and examination materials; and process and maintain training records for the Instrument and Control training program. These activities are instrumental in maintaining the plant's INPO accreditation.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducting needs, job, and task analysis
• Designing training objectives
• Developing lesson materials to be used in the training programs
• Conducting training sessions
• Determining training program effectiveness
• Maintaining plant training records
• Reviewing and maintaining training materials
• Conducting assessments, research, and evaluations as requested by the Technical Instructor Lead
• Assisting in the development and implementation of the overall training plan
• Supporting the line organization as requested during temporary outage assignments
• Managing the Instrument and Control training program to include class scheduling and coordination.
• Assisting in Corrective Action Program (CAP) activities
• Working as a team member to support Maintenance training workload with minimal supervision
Job Experience and Educational Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A total of four (4) years of power plant experience, of which a minimum of one (1) year is nuclear power plant experience, in hands-on, industrial or technical environment. A maximum of two (2) years of the remaining three (3) years of plant experience may be fulfilled by academic or related technical training on a one-for-one basis.
• Disciplinary knowledge
• Instrumentation & Control fundamentals
• Shop fundamentals
• Standard electrical processes
• Instrumentation & Control Journeyman, Assistant Team Leader, Supervisor or Team Leader experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Familiarity with technical drawings
• Piping and instrumentation diagrams
• Computer skills
• Basic software
• Communications skills
• Speaking ability
• Writing ability
• Presentation skill
• Ability to instruct large groups
• Coaching skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to multi task
• Ability to prioritize
Must exhibit the Southern Company's Our Values: Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, Total Commitment:
• Safety First: We believe the safety of our employees and customers is paramount. We will perform and maintain every job, every day, safely.
• Unquestionable Trust: Honesty, respect, fairness and integrity drive our behavior. We keep our promises, and ethical behavior is our standard.
• Superior Performance: We are dedicated to superior performance throughout our business. We will continue our strong focus on innovative solutions, improving how we run our business and our commitment to environmental stewardship.
• Total Commitment: We are committed to the success of our employees, our customers, our shareholders and our communities. We fully embrace, respect, and value our differences and diversity.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Power Plant Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Req ID: SNC2005781